On Tuesday, my good friend Kathryn came to spend the day with me and Matt in LA. It’s always such a treat to see her because she lives all the way in New York City. I took the day off and we spent the whole afternoon exploring.
First, we took her to The Last Bookstore – a really quirky bookstore that has art installations made out of books and a labyrinth of books.
After that, we took her to one of my favorite places in LA – The Milk Jar, a shop that sells only cookies (and milk and ice cream… but mostly only cookies).
After that, we went to Blum & Poe to see the Yoshitomo Nara exhibit. Yoshitomo Nara is one of my favorite artists, and I knew Kathryn would like it.
Now, some links to start off your weekend:
- Kiernan Shipka is a huge girl crush of mine – loved this blog post about her over on Piece of Toast.
- This apartment is all I’ve ever wanted in life.
- I changed my desktop background to one of these pretty painted floral wallpapers, and it makes me smile every time I look at it.
- Whoa whoa whoa. LOFT has a new line of comfortable basics? I’ll take one of everything, especially this dress, this jacket, and these pants.
- Marion Cotillard is another one of my favorites – her new Lady Dior ads are absolutely beautiful.
- I liked this “Mastering the Tuck” post – the half-tuck is my fave.
- I just really need this dress in all colors from Madewell.
Have a great weekend!